Today in this recipe, I’ll show you how to prepare Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya or you can say that you will know the great recipe to make Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya, today. So, without wasting time let’s start:
Ingredients To Make Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya
To make the Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium diced red onion
- 1 pound sliced chorizo
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- halved 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cored and diced green bell pepper
- 1 cored and diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- two tbsp tomato paste
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups tomato dice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- three bay leaves
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock (ideally homemade)
- 2 1/2 cups washed long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp. spicy sauce
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined giant shrimp
Instructions To Make Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya
To make the Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the chorizo and cook for ten minutes, stirring regularly. Using a slotted spoon, take the chorizo off the pan and place it on a dish lined with paper towels; leave aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté the butter, onions, celery, and peppers for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Cook until all of the veggies and herbs are completely combined, then add the garlic, jalapeño, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, as well as tomato paste.
- Bring the stock and tomatoes to a boil. Stir in the rice, then season with salt, pepper, and spicy sauce.
- Return to a boil, then lower to a low heat and cook for 25 minutes, partly covered.
- Stir in 1/2 of the basil, 1/2 of the scallions, 1/2 of the parsley, the lime juice, and the shrimp. Cover the saucepan, turn off the heat, and let the jambalaya to steam for twenty minutes before serving.
- Serve with the remaining basil, scallions, as well as parsley as garnish. As required, season with spicy sauce, salt, and pepper.
Conclusion (Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya)
So, this is all about “Shrimp And Chorizo Cajun Jambalaya” from our side. And we hope that you understand and like the Recipe. Please share your ideas and recommendations in the comments section below!
Thank you for your precious time!